Tuesday, August 18, 2015

FROZEN PEACH POPS


 photo PEACH POP 7_zpsdcdc49tx.jpg 
The temperature in our area has been HOT to say the least. Yesterday it was 105. That had me wanting some frozen treats. My last doctor told me that if I lost some weight my cholesterol would go down. So loosing weight is on my agenda. That means no sugary treats. Then it occurred to me that I could make some fruit pops. So on the internet I went for some inspiration. Below is what I came up with and they were delicious.
 photo PEACH POP 1_zpsuuy8vj8e.jpg
I only wanted to make a small batch and I only have 5 pop holders. After making them I may get some more so we can have an ample supply in our freezer.  
 photo PEACH POP A_zps8diltldw.jpg
I used my little Kitchen Aid food processor as my blender is on the blink. It worked great. I put the peaches, milk, fat-free half and half, Splenda and nutmeg in the processor and blending till smooth.
After processing it I poured it into a large measuring cup.
 photo PEACH POP 3_zpsmebonn5s.jpg 
To the mixture I add the 1/3 cup of cool whip lite.
 photo PEACH POP 2_zpski6smq3b.jpg 
Using a wire whisk I gently blend the cool whip into the mixture.
 photo PEACH POP 5_zpsaxkfafaf.jpg 
Pour the fruit mixture evenly into the pop sickle containers.
 photo PEACH POP 6_zps2asqwsr4.jpg 
Add the lids and place in the freezer. It will take 2-3 hours to freeze solidly. It was hard to wait but it was worth the wait. They were delicious. The best part is one pop is A FREE FOOD.
 photo PEACH POP 7_zpsdcdc49tx.jpg 
RECIPE 
serves 4
 6 Slices of frozen peaches thawed 
1/3 cup milk 
2 Tablespoons Fat-Free Half and Half 
2-3 Tablespoons Splenda (depending on your sweet tooth) 
1/4 Cup Cool Whip Lite 
Nutmeg-sprinkled to your taste 

Place frozen peaches, milk, fat-free Half and Half, 2-3 Tablespoons Splenda, and nutmeg in food processor or blender When completely blended to a liquid form pour into a 2-4 cup measuring cup. Add the 1/4 cup cool whip to the liquid. With a wire whisk GENTLY mix the cool whip into the peach mixture till completely blended in. Pour the mixture into the pop sickle containers. Place in freezer and let freeze 2-3 hours. When frozen run a little hot water over the pop sickle container and pop the frozen peach pop out and ENJOY.






No comments: