Wednesday, September 30, 2015

DIABETIC DEEP DISH PIZZA & DRESSING


 photo 021_zpscdshvfx7.jpg
This is an easy meal and one I make often for our Families Tuesday Pizza Night.  We do not always have pizza on Tuesday but we named it that because we do have it often.  I am diabetic and my daughter no longer has a gal-bladder so cannot handle the boughten pizza's.
 photo 006_zpsnj3vdeug.jpg
DEEP DISH PIZZA with GREEN SALAD AND DIABETIC THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING
I assemble all of my ingredients.  I have used frozen green bell peppers and chopped mushrooms.  I just take them out and lay the frozen veggies on paper towels while thawing.  I do change them if too wet a couple times.
You can see here I have a can of pizza sauce which can be used.  In this recipe I did not use the pizza sauce.  It tends to have a lot of fat in it.
 photo 009_zpsciqsumbe.jpg
Mix your reduced-fat BAKING MIX-click here and water.  Stir till moistened.  Flatten with fingers in sprayed 8X8 baking dish.
 photo 011_zpsslqxzpys.jpg
In a small bowl add your 8 oz can tomato sauce and Italian spices and combine.  Evenly spread this spiced tomato mix over your flattened crust.
 photo 015_zpsyl2qpbtz.jpg
Now layer your meat, onions, bell peppers, and olives over the top.  You can use any combination of things you like on a pizza, just remember to calculate the ingredients that are not listed in my recipe.

 photo 016_zpsslippjfo.jpg
Now sprinkle the 3/4 cup skim mozzarella cheese over the top and pop it in the oven.  Cook till it is bubbly and the cheese is melted.  If you have a glass baking dish you can see that the crust is a golden brown on the bottom.
 photo deep dish pizza finished_zpscxe0ujv1.jpg
Add the other 1/4 cup cheese on top after finished cooking. Turn off oven and place pizza back in oven for just a couple minutes till the 1/4 cup cheese is just melted.  Cut in 4 pieces and serve.

RECIPES

DEEP DISH PIZZA-serves 4

1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons water
1 1/2 cup reduced fat BAKING MIX-or-reduced fat Bisquick
1 cup or 8 oz can tomato sauce
3/4 teaspoon Italian Spices
4 oz. cooked lean ground beef, turkey, or lean Italian turkey sausage 
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced or sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup diced bell pepper
2 Tablespoons sliced black olives
1  cup partially skim mozzarella cheese

Check above-below pictures for directions.

Nutritional information 1 slice

128 calories, 8.8 gr. fat, 9 gr carbohydrates, 1 Fiber
Diab: 2/3 Carb/St 1 3/4 Fat, 

NANA'S DIABETIC THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING- 8 servings (1/4 cup)

ingredients

1/2 cup Kraft Olive Oil Mayonnaise (reduced fat mayo)
1 cup Plain Non-Fat Yogurt (I make mine from non-fat dry milk powder)
1/2 cup skim milk (I use reconstituted non-fat dry milk powder)
3 Tablespoon Sweet Relish
2 Tablespoons Ketcup
2 Tablespoons Splenda

Directions: In medium bowl add all ingredients and with whisk blend until the mayo and yogurt is well blended.  This makes about 2 cups

Nutritional Value for 1/4 cup serving
66 calories, 7.5 gr carbohydrates, 3 gr fat
Diab: 1/2 carb/st 1/2 fat

NOTE: I am not a dietitian or nutritionist. I calculate my nutritional information from FatSecret.  I do the best I can and there could be a mistake.

Nana










No comments: