Tuesday, February 2, 2016

COMFORT POTATO AND HAM DISH



 photo SLICED amp ONIONS_zpskvalcujp.jpg Peel and slice potatoes and onions
 photo POTATOES IN WATER_zps267l460t.jpg
Put some water in bowl to just cover the potatoes and onions. This will keep the potatoes from turning brown while you make the sauce.
 photo DICE HAM_zpsxngkkbut.jpg Dice up some ham for the sauce.
 photo HAM SAUCE_zpspyzvcoev.jpg
I make my creamy sauces with 1 1/2 cup fat free milk, 3 Tablespoons Flour to cook sauce. Place milk, flour in jar and shake completely. Place the mixture in sauce pan on medium heat. Add ham, and any spices you want to flavor. I add pepper and onion powder. I did not add salt because of the salt that is in ham. Cook slowly till mixture thickens and just starts to boil. Remove from the stove.
 photo ADD CHEESE TO HAM SAUCE_zpsiimsu0bl.jpg
At this point I add about a cup of cheese to the hot cheese. I use 2% Fiesta cheese in mine. You can use what ever cheese you prefer.
 photo ADD SAUCE TO POTATOES_zpszu86olki.jpg
Pour the prepared sauce into the drained potatoes and onions. Stir completely.
 photo PLACE IN PREPARED BAKING DISH_zps22poljdu.jpg
Place in a prepared (sprayed with a product such as Pam) baking dish depending on the amount you make. Mine was in a 8X8 baking dish. Bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove covering and continue baking till potatoes are tender and browned on top.  photo ScallopedPotcooked.jpg
This is my finished Ham and Potato comfort food dish. I like mine pretty brown on top. That is why the dish is blackened around the edges. This did not deter from the yummy taste at all. You could cook yours just a little less than I did if you prefer.





No comments: